Is creating content for your website or blog and sharing it with your audience the best way to grow your online influence and increase your revenues?
Are you wondering why it’s getting harder and harder to reach your target marketing through your website?
Is traffic harder and harder to get?
Have you fallen into the trap of thinking that your content is too short, too long and that it’s some kind of quality issue with your content?
The reality is that it probably has nothing at all to do with you, assuming of course that you are creating useful, valuable content that has a central message.
Is the Problem You (And Your Content Marketing Strategy) or Is It the Internet?
Perhaps the real problem is the internet itself.
- Pay-for-play has become an advertising necessity across influential websites as sites leverage and maximize their financial opportunities.
- Artificial intelligence in search and social media is preventing manipulation and is changing the game.
- Content shock and the oversupply of content on a daily basis.
- Not enough time in the day to view content that isn’t solving a problem, meeting a need, or fulfilling a desire.
The problem is that there is so much content being created in just one day that breaking through the noise is becoming more and more challenging, as I shared in this article titled “Text Blogging No Longer Breaks Through the Noise”.
So what can you do?
Don’t Limit Content to Just Your Website
In the short video above, I share that you have to create a solid, consistent, relevant message and create new strategies that allow more people to discover it and identify with you.
In days past, all you had to do was create a blog on your website, write articles and share it out.
In the last 18 months, influencer marketing has gotten popular.
This is done by connecting with those who have influence over an audience, provide them value, develop a relationship with them, and hope that they will resonate with your message and share it with their audience.
That’s gotten harder and harder to do.
What’s the answer?
- Create epic, relevant content with a strong call-to-action
- Create multiple marketing and sales funnels (which I explain in more detail in the video)
- Syndicate your content across the web where it’s appropriate (for me that’s LinkedIn posts, Facebook Instant Articles, Medium, Business2Community, etc).
My core answer…
Go where your audience is at and stop waiting on others to send them to you.
[Tweet “Go where your audience is at and stop waiting on others to send them to you”]
The old argument of creating content on your site because it’s “yours” is only partially true.
See how I explain it in the video and learn the idea and strategy that you might consider applying to attract those are able, willing and ready to buy from you.
Are you interested in learning more? In my free, on-demand webinar, you can learn more about how to create a message and story that relates to, and attracts those who are able, willing and ready to buy from you.
If you have a question, thought or idea, please share below in the comments.