If you’re spending a lot of time writing blog articles and getting no traffic in return is likely because you believe that content is king, but the king has been overthrown.
If so, you are not alone.
Many people are creating great content that is really helpful to their audience.
But their audience has no idea it’s there.
This week, I received a message from Linda in Chicago who was struggling with getting traffic to her blog articles.
“I thought content was king? After writing and writing multiple blog articles per week for a year on my blog, why is no one reading them? It’s reallyfrustrating to put all of this hard work in and no one sees it.”
Linda, here is the truth: Great content alone is not going to get you very far.
If you have a following on social media, that’s great! But unless they are absolutely raving fans, I wouldn’t expect much from them, especially considering the way they are controlling who sees content and their walls and when.
Here is the tip: Promoting content is far more important than producing it at volume.
3 Ideas Where You Can Promote Your Content
Promoting your content, even months after you have written it, is critical to getting eyes to see it. Here are three ideas that will help you:
1. Content Distribution Websites or Directories
There are many websites that bloggers use to share their content and network with other bloggers.
The key here is to connect with them if they serve the same audience you serve but in a different way.
That’s just good networking.
Recently, I was on Kingged.com and came across an article that was shared by someone other than the author. The article was by Adrienne Smith and in it she introduced a number of other influential bloggers in the arena of content marketing and blogging. Click here to view the article
I went on to read the first article she shared by Konrad Sanders.
He offered some amazing advice on how he literally connected with other influential bloggers and in two weeks his connections propelled him to 9,000 new blog readers.
You don’t know what you are going to learn or who you are going to meet when you engage with other people’s content.
Here is a small list of great sites to get on to share your content and engage with other potentially influential people:
When you share on these sites, be prepared to engage the community. Don’t just expect everyone is going to love you and start sharing or commenting on your blog articles.
Your goal is to connect with them and as Konrad says;
- Find and create a list of those you want to follow
- Engage them by offering quality comments
- Share their content
- After a while of engaging, reach out
For those of you who are master networkers, how is this any different?
It’s common sense, right?
By why don’ we do it?
Because it’s work and it takes time?
Do this long enough and you will become an influence in your industry that is in demand.
I guarantee it!!!
2. Share it across social media groups
Don’t just leave it to your social media walls to get people to see and interact with your content.
It’s probably not going to happen, especially until you get recognized as an authority or respected person with great content.
You’re goal is to create a community.
Get involved in groups on:
- Facebook – there are blogging groups on Facebook that exist to help one another meet a new audience, comment, and share on Facebook. This works amazingly well for SEO as comments come up and people start sharing content on other high quality websites.
- LinkedIn – This is the MOST powerful thing I personally do. Because my target audience is almost completely on LinkedIn, several times a day I get on and engage them with their content and a few times a week I share my content. Guess what they do? Yep, the engage with my content. In several business groups with 10,000 and 20,000 members, or more, I’m #1. That means they see me. I’ve grown my LinkedIn network to over 3,500 in eight months being involved; and of course having a great profile.
- Twitter – there are Twitter chats that exist for people to chat about topics or subjects. Click here and visit Tweet Chat and learn a little more about them.
- Google Plus – Like Facebook, there are groups that are designed to do nothing but read, share, and comment on your blog posts.
- YouTube – don’t ever forget to do video and link it to your article.
See what I’ve done here!
3. Share other people’s content
It’s a simple concept. But most of us are hesitant to do this?
You don’t know everything.
Not being willing to share really says more about your own insecurities than it does anything else.
Jump in and just do it.
Here is the truth, when you help others, they will help you!
Share and share plentifully.
Include great quotes or other articles in your blog from them and link to their articles (just like I did above).
Share it on social media and let them you did it.
They may be inclined to share with their audience.
It’s amazing that when you engage with people, they will start engaging with you organically when you create useful content that either solves a problem for them or helps them in some way.
So there you have it!
You’ve got great content and no one to read it. Instead of cranking out article after article, spend more time writing a great, amazing article and even more time marketing it to the people who can help you acquire new readers which in turn, will give people a reason to buy from you and help you make more money. The key is to become a person of influence. Do that, and you will establish yourself very well over the long-term. Are you ready to start creating GREAT content that is worthy of a king? If so,
The key is to become a person of influence. Do that, and you will establish yourself very well over the long-term. Are you ready to start creating GREAT content that is worthy of a king? If so,
Do that, and you will establish yourself very well over the long-term. Are you ready to start creating GREAT content that is worthy of a king? If so,
Are you ready to start creating GREAT content that is worthy of a king? If so,
UPDATE: This became an unintentional 3 part series thanks to all of the comments and questions:
Have a question, thought or comment? Please leave one below. Want to share this article and start the process? Please share the article and lets create a great community together that will benefit all of us!