My time in the military prepared me business over 23 years ago. The discipline required to do the things I didn’t want to do; the physical and mental preparation required to get the mission done; the skills required to know what needed to be done and then to rally the team to help me do it.
Business is not just about selling. Successful business owners and entrepreneurs are continually learning and building new skills as well as bettering existing skills. It’s about personal and leadership development.
Successful business owners and entrepreneurs are learn to see the climate they are in, how to adjust and meet new needs and demands.
In the military we took time away from work in order to evaluate, re-evaluate, learn, discover and then create the plans to execute in order to meet the needs. We forecasted, anticipated and adapted to our situations.
If you all you are doing is “doing” you will soon find yourself in a world that has changed around you without you even knowing it. That is why I have taken December off from my routine. In fact, I was planning on not writing again but as I’m going through the process I’m encouraged to do so.
Because I love my visitors and I love to share with you in hopes that I’m encouraging you and helping you.
This year has been my best year in business ever!
I LOVE what I do and I love seeing businesses become successful. I honestly believe that business ownership and entrepreneurship is a major solution to our nation’s economic issues and our vitality as a nation.
I’m inspired by my clients, prospects, visitors to my site and followers on social media.
Together, we can make a positive change for America in spite of the conditions or challenges we face.
That’s what drives me and that’s why I’m so passionate about your success!!!!
In the last two weeks I’ve been taking the time as I did in the military to just walk away and think and begin experiment with a few things:
- I joined blogengage.com and I’m looking forward to getting to know some folks through it. It’s all about networking and meeting new people both online and offline; so I’m going to do something I haven’t normally done in the past by joining this community.
- I joined digitalmarketer.com to learn about new processes, systems and ways of doing things that will help my scale my business.
The ideas are flowing and the opportunities are huge. I’ll be looking to share some new products and services as well as some free ways people can learn more about how to develop their messages and brands as well as practical tips and ideas to help you.
Some ideas include:
- A free, local, quarterly roundtable in Lancaster, PA for 3 months that is designed to help one another grow through the challenges of growing our businesses and learn from one another.
- An online mastermind for free for 3 months that is designed to help one another grow through the challenges of growing our businesses and learn from one another.
- Weekly interviews on my blog via video and/or through the blog.
- Weekly webinars both on my site and other sites
Don’t be one of those business owners that has is running from one thing to another just putting out fires and dealing with issues. That’s a long-term losing proposition.
I hope you’ll take some time yourself to reflect, evaluate, re-evaluate and learn to see the future for what it ought to be and put a plan in place to go and get it!
What are you doing to better yourself?
Do you have an idea of what you want to learn in 2015 from Unveil the Web? If so, leave me a note in the comments below and share with me or email me directly at email@example.com.
I’m hoping to hear from a few of you!
If I don’t write again this year, and I may not, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!