This last week I walked away from social media after my wife and I were on a walk talking about how good it appears some people have it and others don’t by looking at their social media posts.
Some look like they are living the high life and for others, their world is crashing down around them and the end is near.
Is it a true reflection of what’s happening in their lives?
Yes and no.
It’s a true reflection in the moment of the raw emotion, but necessarily of the reality.
People share what they want you to know, especially on social media.
It’s normal and nothing wrong with that.
What does this mean for business?
In his book, Questions That Sell, Paul Cherry reminds us of the following:
Our customers only tell us 20% of what is on their minds. It’s up to us to get the other 80% so that we can be relevant to their problems, needs, wants and desires.
What do you think?
Is social media a true reflection of life?
Share with me in the comments below…