I just want to ask you one simple question: “Is your online presence exploding?”
Yesterday at my Core Networking group near Washington DC, I was asked what one question could a group member ask their clients or prospect to see if they might need my services.
It’s simple, is your online presence exploding?
Of course the room broke out in spontaneous discussion and it wasn’t easily forgotten. That’s how it’s done! Be memorable…
So let me ask you; is your web presence exploding?
This is a much bigger question than are you happy with your website? Or, who is your web designer? Etc.
I am willing to bet that the overwhelming majority think their website is either well done or at least adequate. But compared to what metric? In all likely hood it’s determined by the court of personal opinion; that being the personal opinion of the site owner or company; not the site visitors or your prospects who will never tell you the truth about your website or why they won’t engage with you online. They may not even be able to tell you, but they know they just cannot get themselves to do it.
I love aviation! I even took some lessons thirteen years ago and almost got my private pilots license. Based on that very limited training and experience, would I be a good pilot?
Well, I doubt you would want your life in my hands during final approach on a commercial jetliner, lol….
Anyone who knows me understands I’m an aviation enthusiasts, but that doesn’t make me a pilot.
Here is the point, everyone thinks their web presence is great until you begin to get to the real questions:
- Is your site about you or is it about your site visitors, prospects and customers? If all it does is tell your site visitors what you do, you can guess who it’s really about.
- Do you “really” answer the questions that solve their problems and give them a reason to buy from you? OR, does your content just tell them what you do without relating it to them? That a recipe that ultimately leaves a bad taste in their mouth.
- Do you get enough visitors that engage you often, and over-and-over again? Those that do will built trust with you and want to buy from you – not that other discount guy or company competing soley on price.
- Do they engage on your site through commenting on your high quality blog? Do you even have one?
- Do quality people seek you out and connect with you on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc?
- Do quality people comment, share, engage, re-tweet your posts or blog articles on social media?
- Do you get more than five or ten people a day visiting your website?
Let’s get real for just a second. The majority of business websites and social media pages say nothing, mean nothing, and help no one. That is probably you if your web presence is not exploding!
Want to know the secret? There isn’t one. You have to learn your business, what problems you solve, who you solve them for, where they hang out, and start creating amazing content and engage with them through sharing their content and having great conversations. By doing this, you are creating a community that will want to buy you and become raving fans of your business.
Right now, you don’t know what you don’t know. Just like I don’t know how to land a commercial jetliner full of passengers, you don’t have the training to know and understand the internet and how it works.
If you really want your web presence to explode, it’s time to try something new. If you keep doing what you are doing, you will keep getting the results you’re getting. There is a better way than just cold calling, spamming people online, and running off your prospects.
If you want to know more, I’m delighted to give a free 30 – 60 minute coaching call. You will get at a minimum one idea that can start the process of change forever and make your online presence immediately better if you will do it. I promise!
If you have a question or comment, please leave one below
Latest posts by Don Purdum (see all)
- Is Creating Content on Your Site and Sharing It the Best Strategy to Gain Traffic? - October 20, 2016
- It’s Not “What” You Sell, It’s the Story Behind “Why” You Sell - October 19, 2016
- Text Blogging No Longer Breaks Through the Noise - October 18, 2016